CAN SUPERCONDUCTORS, s.r.o. is a Czech company established in 1997 after a spin-off from the Institute of Physics of the Academy of Science. The company is actively involved in various research projects both on domestic and international level. Our high temperature superconductors are used in real commercially available applications such as LevMixer® systems made by Pall Corporation, superconductor magnetic bearings, flywheels, superconducting magnets, and other applications developed all around the world.
The company management has long-term experience both in HTS business and R&D.
We are a member of the following professional bodies:
- January 2020: We introduced a new line of GdBCO melt-textured bulks
- September 2019: We had our booth at EUCAS 2019, Glasgow, Scotland
- August 2019: We hosted PASREG 2019 conference in Prague which attracted 83 professionals from bulk superconductivity from 17 countries.
- May 2019: We have a new seat - we moved to new modern premises and significantly expanded our production capacity. Our address remains the same.
- May 2019: CAN directors Jan Plechacek and Joachim Bock re-elected to the board of Conectus
- December 2018: We have developed a 12" size REBCO targets for thin films deposition
- October 2018: We took part at ASC 2018 exhibition in Seattle and got an award of recognition for exhibiting at every ASC since 1996!
- September 2017: CAN appointed main organizer of PASREG 2019 conference to be held in Prague in August 2019
- September 2017: We exhibited our products at EUCAS 2017 in Geneva